- Favourite July meal - It's a tie between the Pecan Cream Mushrooms and the Mushroom Galette. Step forward to receive your crown, oh humble mushroom!
- Clearly I'm not the only one who enjoys odd food combos, just take a look at these strange (but yummy) food combos . Though I can't help but notice that Putu Pap with milk & salt was not included on this list. Neither was Egg, Cheese & Bovril on toast. Strange indeed.
- Cookbooks you didn't know existed - Seriously, what kind of dishes are in the Twilight book? Bludwurst? Black pudding? Anything else?
- And the FFF* for July? Indian Simmer. Featuring dreamy photographs of both Indian and non-Indian food (recipes included of course), this US-based new wife and new mom shares her life with us via food. And if that doesn't win you over, this post featuring her little girl's chubby toes definitely will.
- And while we're on the subject of cupcakes, if you haven't mastered the skill of cupcake icing (join the club...) take a look at these videos: from simple piped decorations, to the classic sky-high soft-serve style icing, a smooth glass-like finish to an elaborate flower petal cupcake, complete with butterfly. But my favourite has to be this simple, yet elegant swirled topping achieved using just a palette knife - ingenious!
- In other news, you have spoken and the email subscription poll results are IN! It seems you like things just the way they are, so nothing will be changing around here then.
- Last, but not least, topping my "to make" list for August - Luxurious Caramelised Orange & Cream Pots. I have been playing around with this idea for some time now and hope to perfect (and post) it in the coming month.
* Favourite Foodblog Find