TheHusband and I had an indoors picnic for Valentine's Day ('cause you know, that's just how we roll...).
On the menu were the following:
- Lemony garlicky chicken wings, because what says amor better than garlic? Huh?
- Flatbread, that turned out more bread than flat
- Dukkah, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dunking said bread into (and boy did we dunk!)
- Black olives in a minty balsamic marinade
- Sparkling red wine, courtesy of JC Le Roux
- Fried halloumi, firm favourite of TheHusband
- Roasted red pepper and aubergine cubes dressed with even more balsamic (notice a trend here?)
Let's just say it was the perfect recipe for some spicy romance!