Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 large egg
1 large egg-white
1 cup flour
1 tsp bakingpowder
a pinch salt
2/3 cup milk
4 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tsp almond essence
For the glaze:
1 cup icing-sugar
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly coat a muffin tray with oil.
2. Mix together the butter & sugar until the mixture resembles wet sand. Add the egg, beat while, then add the egg-white, again beating well.
3. In a seperate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
4. Add the flour mixture and milk alternately to the sugar-egg mixture. Mix well.
5. Lastly add the shredded coconut and almond essence and stir to combine.
6. Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 holes in the muffin tray.
7. Bake 20 - 23 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
8. Remove cupcakes from tin, and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack.
9. Mix together the lemon juice & icing-sugar until it reaches a thickly spreadable consistency. Add more lemon juice if necessary.
10. Thickly spread the top of each cupcake with the lemon glaze and leave for a few minutes to harden. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional info (per cupcake): Calories 153.9 Total Fat 3.6 g Saturated Fat 2.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.8 g Cholesterol 29.2 mg Sodium 94.3 mg Potassium 45.5 mg Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g Dietary Fiber 0.2 g Sugars 11.2 g Protein 2.4 g
Beef mince and spinach dumplings
1 hour ago