- Favourite October meal? It was all about the Roasted Carrots with Chili and Feta for me. Hey, I'm a girl of simple tastes. Although I have to add that TheHusband really enjoyed the Roast Potato, Chorizo & Broad (Fava) Beans.
- Gives new meaning to I can haz cheezburger - Cheese & Burger Society. My favourite? The Mona Lisa or The Couch Potato for those indulgent days. Heck, I won't complain about the Macho Nacho either.
- Sad, but true - 1 in 4 kids are bedroom diners. Isn't eating supposed to be a social event?
- Have an abundance of fruit on your hands? Well you'll never wonder what to do with 'em again once you've mastered this basic formula for a fruit crumble.
- An excellent tutorial on how to temper chocolate for so you can make those lovely white chocolate mendiants at home.
- In the mood for a slightly healthier milkshake option? Look no further than the spud shake. Yup, it uses mashed potatoes for that rich creamy texture sans cream. Nice one, right?
- Which also brings me to the FFF* for the month. As usual, drumroll please...... and the winner is.....The Daily Spud! Hailing from Ireland (where else?), The Spud claims to really really love potatoes. And it shows. From dips to breads, the ubiquitous potato salad (of course), pies and even desserts. All with either a focus on potatoes or a decidedly Irish spin. You gotta love a one-track mind, right?
*Favourite Foodblog Find